Just got back from Day 2 of Rainforest World Music Festival 2008!
Not gonna update on it yet but incase some of you read this before you attend the final day tomorrow, heres a few things you should know.
The main stage is MUDDY MUDDY MUDDY WET WET WET! Think quicksand or sand mud pit. PLOP and you’re ankle high in mud.
Wet. Cold. Mushy. Brown. And dries to clay. Mmmmmm.
- Wear shorts. And flip flops. You defintely don’t want your jeans and nice Converse or Nike shoes to be buried in icky mud.
- If you ARE buried ankle deep in mud the nearest place to wash it all off is right below the auditorium where the washrooms are.
- Bring a mat or at least something waterproof to sit on. Even plastic bags will do! The thicker the better. You won’t feel grass poking your ass. Also, reserve your place asap if you don’t want to spend the rest of the night staring at people’s asses.
- Pack lightly. Maybe just put some cash in your pocket, bring along your phone and your camera and that’s it. Anything else might be left behind and be gone forever in the sea of thousands.
- It doesn’t matter if your phone is tuned to the loudest possible. You can never hear it when the show begins. You’ll be fine if its on vibration mode.
- Don’t try to be overprepared and bring snacks or drinks. They confiscate them at the entrance.
- NO drugs kids! Lotsa German Shepherds roaming around.
- Bring your camera along with you at all times! Lotsa interesting things nd people to shoot. Lotsa places to camwhore too.
- Eat from stalls that are flocked with people. Its your safest bet. Food is overpriced but forgivable and canned drinks go for RM2.50 while mineral water RM1.50.
- Lastly, don’t keep your hopes too high for eye candy performers like previous years. Heh
And if it rains, party on in the rain yo.
Will post pictures after the finale later.
p/s They were circling papers around tonight. Check it out here.